Monday, May 28, 2007

Here, there and back again… at the SM Mall of Asia


Last May 19, my wife Odette and I, along with our three boys were back at SM Mall of Asia to watch a movie. Hewlett-Packard (HP) Original Rewards Philippines held an exclusive members-only screening of the animation comedy - Shrek 3, the third episode on the adventures of a good natured ogre in the magical world of Neverland. The event turned out to be one big successful family day for the member-representatives of various private and government agencies who brought their respective families and friends to the jam packed Premier Cinema. I got four free tickets for my wife and kids based on the required number of eCoupons I was able to register during the promo period. Since we were five, I planned at first to just wait for them outside the movie hall as they watched the movie. But the Lord blessed us more when I requested if I may be given an extra movie pass given our situation to which the HP people agreed to.

The movie was great! The overall theme though of the story was for adults to appreciate as they “modernized” the fairy tale characters with retro musical scoring to boot. Still, my family had a laughter-filled time watching the movie. I hope HP Original Rewards would have more of these family-oriented promotional activities in the future.










Lunch at Gerry’s Grill in SM MOA










Try out their Bangus sisig dish






The third chapter of the movie “Pirates of the Carribean” trilogy

was another summer blockbuster


MOA has lots of scenic open spaces



‘Til next time……

P.S. If you’re curious about that costumed young lady walking near my family in the last picture, there was a Manga (Japanese comic) convention inside the MOA that day. A lot of young enthusiasts were dressed up like comic characters for the occasion!

No comments: